Once your offer has been accepted, you must send a holding deposit of one week’s rent to secure the rental property. This can be paid via bank transfer, through our website or over the phone. This will take the property temporarily off the market while credit and reference checks are carried out. If all is fine, the holding deposit will be deducted from your first month’s rent. Your lettings negotiator will be able to provide more details on this.
We will then begin the referencing process to verify that you can continue paying the rent without issues throughout the tenancy. Our referencing process includes employer, landlord, affordability, and credit checks. Each property will require a different level of referencing, so it’s best to discuss this with your lettings negotiator. When approved, we will request a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks’ rent, or 6 weeks if the rent is over £50,000 per year.
Once referencing is completed, we will draw up the contracts, which can be signed in the office or online. We will then arrange the key collection with you at your convenience.
Moving into the rental property
Once you have agreed on a move-in date, there are a few final things to take care of before moving into your new home:
- Contact your current landlord and give them final notice before preparing your belongings for moving out.
- After paying your final month’s rent to your current landlord, set up a new standing order for the new tenancy – also, start to transfer over broadband/utility details with a move-in date.
- Be present for the inventory check before you move in so you can agree to and sign off the itemised list – you will then receive the keys and can start moving your belongings into the property.
If you want to rent a property in Willesden Green, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We have a wide selection of vacant rental properties in North West London and are dedicated to helping you find the perfect property to suit your needs and budget requirements. If you are looking for a professional letting agent and want to know more about our services, please call us at 020 8459 2530 and discuss your options.
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- The rent of the property
- A security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year
- A holding deposit of no more than one week’s rent
- Default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days)
- Reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs
- Payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- Payments for bills – utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
You can view a schedule of fees here.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.