Why Use a Licensed ARLA Member As Your agent?
Why should I let my London Property through a licenced ARLA member?
As a landlord or tenant using a letting agent is something many of us do. Lettings agents who are members of ARLA have voluntarily joined the association and taken a formal qualification that gives them the knowledge and experience that will minimize the stress from letting a property and make the process as smooth as possible.
The ARLA (Association of Registered Lettings Agents) is a reputable and recognised professional body that exists to promote high standards in service and knowledge that in turn helps protect the consumer within the lettings industry.
The rules of conduct that member agents must work too are strict. Members must meet a certain criterion relating to professional and ethical practice. The rules are based on agents supporting and promoting their clients best interests while continuously acting in an open and proper manner.
As a consumer you will get the following assurances by using a licensed ARLA member;
- Advice from a qualified and trained agent who can give you professional and up to date advice. Members must carry out a minimum level of Continual Professional Development (CPD) each year.
- There is a path to redress if something goes wrong. All members must belong to an independent redress scheme such as the Property Ombudsman who can award payments up to £25,000.
- The agency will be covered by ARLA”s own Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP). The ARLA have the option to make grants up to certain limits if you suffer a financial loss due to the dishonesty or bankruptcy of the member and/or their firm.
- You are doing business with an agents who voluntarily follows the Code of Practice and Rules of Conduct that have been set out by ARLA. An agent can be fined or even expelled for not following the code. ARLA’s disciplinary body ranges from warnings to penalties of up to £5000.
- The agency has Professional Indemnity Insurance. With this in place a successful claim would provide financial cover should a member neglect, badly advise or mishandle data.
Dealing with an experienced and professional agent has many benefits. Regal Estates is a licensed ARLA member agent.
For more information on this or advice on marketing your property in Willesden, Neasden, Dollis Hill, Central London and surrounding areas please contact us on 020 8459 2530.